Dr. Hany Al-Ashkar
Faculty of Digital Arts & Design
An artist who was born in Cairo, 1974, grew up in Al-Arish, North Sinai. Specialized in printmaking, digital art, multimedia design, and game art; In Addition, lecturer at Faculty of Fine Arts, Helwan University, Egypt. Currently a full-time lecturer at Egypt University of Informatics (EUI). PhD holder in “Philosophical and Aesthetic dimensions of the Interactivity in Multimedia Graphic Designs”.
In 2001 I was a fellow resident at the Egyptian Academy in Rome which gave
me the opportunity to participate in several art exhibitions and workshops.
- The Final Expiation at the Egyptian Academy in Rom, the “Diari di Lavoro di
Artisti Stranieri a Roma" at the National Gallery in Rome (December, 2002).
- The 3rd Florance International Biennale for contemporania art”
- Florence (July, 2002).the“Sogni di Vita” Exhibition at the University of Foreign, Perugia (March,2002),
- Print making techniques at Kause association for artistic Graphics,Urbino, Italy.
For nearly 30 years I have participated in several National and International
Exhibitions and Art Projects in Egypt, Italy, France, Syria, Kuwait, Kazakhstan,
Spain, and Japan.
From these International Contributions:
- Commissioner of the Egyptian pavilion at Venice Biennale 2015.
- Universi senza con_fine, Rome, Italy (2009).
- "I Libri del Mediterraneo" an international workshop for artistic book, Urbino, Italy (2008).
- Biennale San Moore Printing,France, (2007).
- Misr International print Triennial, Cairo, Egypt (1996 &1999).
- International Art Triennale, Sapporo, Japan (2000).
I was awarded in several Contributions such as:
- National Prize of Creativity – Egyptian Ministry of Culture (2000).
- 5th prize inthe La Biennale Internazionale di Firenze, Florence, Italy (2001).
- 4th prize(Graphics) – Rome Academy of Contemporary Art of Rome, Italy (2001).
- Award of Honor at the “Misr International Print Triennial”.
- 2nd prize at the “Mhaba Biennale of Art”, Lazeqia, Syria (2003.
- 1997 Graduated with excellent degree, first in rank, obtained his B.SC., with an honor degree from the Faculty of Fine Arts - Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt.
- 1998 Occupied the post of Assistant Teacher at the Faculty of Fine Arts - Helwan University.
- 2001- 2002 Participated in some Printmaking and Graphic Design workshops during his residence in Italy.
- 2006 finished his M.F.A thesis about “The Role of Graphic Art in Web Design”.
- 2014 hold a PhD in the “Philosophical and Aesthetic dimensions of the Interactivity in Multimedia Graphic Designs”.
Traditional Printmaking Techniques at the Faculty of Fine arts, Helwan Univ. 1998-present.
Logo Design at the Faculty of Fine arts, Helwan Univ. 2014
Interactive Multimedia Design, MSA Univ. 2006-2015.
Electronic Publishing, MSA Univ. 2006-2015.
Graphic Design / Graphic Software, FAP, Graphic Design Program, Helwan Univ. 2021- present.
Typography, FAP, Graphic Design Program, Helwan Univ. 2021- present.
2006 Award of Honor at the “Misr International Print Triennial”.
2003 2nd prize at the “Mhaba Biennale of Art”, Lazeqia, Syria.
2001 5th prize at the “3ed Biennale of Contemporanea Art”, Florence, Italy.
2001 “Prize of Rome” an international award from the Egyptian Ministry of Culture.
2000 First Prize in the Fine Arts Contest (Egypt Yesterday and Today) organized by Semiramis Inter- Continental, Cairo, Egypt.
1999 Collection Award from the General National Exhibition, Cairo, Egypt.
1998-99-2000 Collection Award from Autumn Salon for mini-prints, Egypt.
1997 Excellence Award from “Giza Association of Artists, Writers and Mediators”, Giza, Egypt.
The artist collaborated with some local and international organizations in various projects such as:
- UNESCO (book design, online game design, Multimedia CD, Virtual Reality)
- Leagues of Arab States (Augmented Reality at Expo Dhobi 2022)
- Davos World Economic Forum. (Virtual Egypt, VR projrct 2005)
- Egyptian Ministry of culture (Alex National Museum, Kalabsha, Philae, Abu Simble, VR and multimedia CDs, logo and poster design.
- Oman Ministry of Heritage and Culture, Sultanate of Oman. (Book design, Artworks 2015-2015)
- Dar Suad Al Sabah for Publishing & distribution, Kuwait. (Book design, Artworks and production 2020)
Member of the editorial team, graphic dept. at the Journal of Art & Architecture Research Studies (JAARS), faculty of fine arts, Helwan university.