Dual-degree with Purdue University West Lafayette
Egypt University of Informatics succeeded in concluding a dual degree agreement with Purdue University, West Lafayette, ranked #4 in Engineering in the U.S. News ranking. The aim is to grant students a bachelor's degree in electronics & communications (electrical at Purdue) and computer engineering, where students get to spend the first academic years at EUI and the last one at Purdue University. A few Blended courses will also be taught remotely by the Purdue West Lafayette faculty members that EUI students must attend during their years at EUI.
EUI also signed an agreement on a professional master's degree in information security with Purdue University, West Lafayette, ranked # worldwide in Cyber Security based on the U.S. News ranking.
- About Purdue West Lafayette (PWL)
- Ranked #4 in Electrical and Computer Engineering, according to the US news, 2023, and #7 in cyber security based on the U.S. News 2023 ranking.
- Has a long academic tradition of offering high-quality education and research since 1862.
- Purdue University is among the top 10 “Most Innovative Schools.”
-Dual degree agreement with Purdue University in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering (https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECE).
This agreement covers two EUI Engineering programs: Electronics & Communication and Computer Engineering. Successful candidates will be granted PWL bachelor’s degrees in electrical engineering and computer Engineering, respectively, offered by the PWL School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECE). Successful candidates will also be granted a EUI degree accredited by the Egyptian Supreme Council of the University.
-Undergraduate Program Requirements
EUI students desiring a PWL Engineering program degree will:
- Finish a four-year journey at the EUI, with transfer credits towards PWL Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering (https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECE)
- Apply to transfer to PWL through the PWL admission office during their fourth year at EUI.
- Tentatively accepted students at PWL will spend their fourth year at EUI but remain at EUI, taking a combination of EUI courses and PWL online/blended courses while studying at EUI.
- Relocating to PWL during senior year (5th Year) should be considered if the outcome is successful.
To be considered for transfer admission to PWL, EUI students should aim to achieve the following:
- Maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- To prove proficiency in English, a total IELTS score of 6.5 and a writing score of 6.5 are needed.
- Only grades of C- or higher will be accepted for transfer to PWL.
- You must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher in every Blended course.
-Professional master’s Agreement in Information Security
This agreement allows EUI Computer Engineering students to obtain a professional master’s degree in information security (PMIS).
This dual degree program offers students the unique opportunity to register for PMIS degree courses as blended courses.
These courses will be considered for credit towards the student’s course of study at EUI for their bachelor's degree and at Purdue for their professional master’s degree in information security.
By participating in this program, students will receive a bachelor’s degree from EUI and a professional master's degree from Purdue if they fulfill the conditions.
This will provide them with a competitive edge in the job market and open up a world of opportunities in Cyber Security.
The blended courses offered in this program will allow students to seamlessly integrate their studies at EUI with their studies at Purdue.
This means they will not have to spend another two years at Purdue to complete their professional master's degree. Instead, they can complete their studies in a shorter amount of time and start their careers sooner.
-Postgraduate Program Requirements
Any EUI student who wishes to pursue the professional master’s program in PWL will:
- During their Senior year, students can enroll in Purdue Blended Courses on a PWL basis for the Summer, Fall, and Spring semesters.
- After earning their BS degree at EUI, the student moves on to PWL, finishing the rest of the PMIS prerequisite and obtaining their degree.
EUI students aspiring to transfer to PWL for the PMIS Professional Master program must strive to accomplish the following for their admission to be considered:
- It is required that you keep your cumulative GPA at a minimum of 3.
- It is required that you keep your cumulative GPA at a minimum of 3.5 in PWL blended courses.