Announcement & Applications Open
Date: Sunday 28-Aug-2022
Meeting number: 2596 552 5960
Meeting password: [email protected]
Phase 1 Shortlisting:
1st short-listed teams (40 teams), members will enjoy:
- AWS Academy learner lab access is limited to USD 100 AWS Credit (per team member)
- Advanced Technology Workshops
Phase 2 Shortlisting:
2nd short-listed teams (12 teams), members will enjoy:
- USD 500 AWS Platform credits (per team 1 AWS Account)
- Accommodation for five days and four nights From Sunday 25-Sep-2022 To Thursday 29-Sep- 2022 @ EUI dorms, including,
- Food and Beverage
- Stationery and Canvas
- Transportation to and from the EUI Campus
- Internet access 24/7
Awareness and Learning Week (Virtual)
Be Aware before submitting your idea. In this stage, you will hear from experts in the industry to build your awareness about Climathon themes and get aware of the Climathon journey and requirements.
The link to join the Speakers' Sessions:
Sessions and schedule: 29 Aug 2022 to 1 Sep 2022.
Closing of Initial Idea Submission
In this stage, all participating teams will submit an initial idea. The participants will be required to complete an online registration form with the details about their project, the team members, and how they intend to transform the idea into a working solution. The teams will submit their ideas as a written document; the document can contain a maximum of 2,000 words (1 Page)
What rules apply to the ideas’ submissions?
- Ideas should be unique or significantly different from existing solutions.
- Ideas artifacts have to be from the team members.
- Ideas should be doable and commercialized
- Teams are not allowed to submit someone else’s work as their own.
- Teams can use software development tools, IDE, and/or programming language.
- Teams are only permitted to use publicly available open-source software for their projects. Teams must declare such usage and clearly attribute the work to the author.
- Teams cannot create applications that violate the moral and ethical code of conduct. Teams must also respect the cultural and religious values of the region.
- AWS will provide infrastructure for development and hosting in the form of AWS Credit to all short-listed participants.
- The Intellectual Property (I.P.) rights of the projects stay with the participants. EUI and AWS will be able to use the content related to the projects for advertising and marketing purposes.
Date: 29 Aug 2022 to 8 Sep 2022.
Technical Enablement Week (Virtual)
In this stage, all team members will learn and practice cloud foundations on AWS Academy by Egypt University of Informatics expertise from 4 September to 8 September 2022. All team members will receive a registration confirmation, including the joining instructions.
Schedule: (4-8 September 10AM – 4PM Cairo time)
To attend click here
1st Filtration Announcement Webinar (Virtual Broadcasting from EUI): Selection of the best 40 ideas
In this stage, the Climathon judgment committee will select the best 10 ideas\teams for each Climathon Theme and announce the winning teams.
- All Students within each team must
- Submit the initial idea as mentioned above
- Attend all sessions during the awareness and learning week
- Complete technical enablement week
- Complete all assignments provided during technical enablement week
Date: Saturday 10-Sep-22
Build a complete plan for your idea based on what you learn and end of submission of final proposals (In your own country)
In this stage, each selected team must submit a full proposal for the idea based on what team members learn during the 2 weeks. The proposal should be in full and in a written document maximum of 6 pages which must include,
- Executive summary: Briefly tell your reader your idea and why it will be successful. Include your mission statement, your product or service, and basic information about your ideas’ team members. Also, include financial information and high-level growth plans if you plan to ask for financing.
- Solution description and business value: Use your idea description to provide detailed information about your solution. When turned into a business, go into detail about the problems your idea will solve. Be specific, and list out the consumers, organizations, or businesses your idea plans to serve. Explain the competitive advantages that will make your business a success. Your idea description is the place to boast about your strengths.
- Market analysis: You’ll need a good understanding of your industry outlook and target market. Competitive research will show you what other businesses are doing and their strengths. In your market research, look for trends and themes. What do successful competitors do? Why does it work? Can you do it better? Now’s the time to answer these questions.
- Solution Architect: You’ll need to provide an initial well-architected solution, which is secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure for various applications and workloads. The Architecture should be built around six pillars; operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, cost optimization, and sustainability.
- Asks for prototype: Put together all of your asks to implement a prototype of your solution. You need to identify all required recourses to build a successful prototype.
- Marketing and sales: There is no single way to approach a marketing strategy. Your strategy should evolve and change to fit your unique needs. This section aims to describe how you’ll attract and retain customers. You’ll also explain how a sale will actually happen. You’ll refer to this section later when you make financial projections, so make sure to thoroughly describe your complete marketing and sales strategies.
- Funding request for production and commercialization: Consider you are a winner of this hackathon, and you’re asking for funding; this is where you’ll outline your funding requirements. Your goal is to clearly explain how much funding you’ll need over the next five years and what you’ll use it for. Specify whether you want debt or equity, the terms you’d like applied, and the length of time your request will cover. Give a detailed description of how you’ll use your funds. Specify if you need funds to buy equipment or materials, pay salaries, or cover specific bills until revenue increases. Include a description of your future strategic financial plans, like paying off debt or selling your business.
- Financial projections: Supplement your funding request with financial projections. Your goal is to convince the reader that your business is stable and will be a financial success. Provide a future economic outlook for the next five years. Make sure to clearly explain your projections and match them to your funding requests.
- Appendix: Use your appendix out of the leading 6 pages document to provide supporting documents or other materials that were specially requested. Common items include credit histories, resumes, product pictures, letters of reference, licenses, permits, patents, legal documents, and other contracts.
The teams are welcome to submit a video or presentation to support the idea. The video cannot be more than 5 minutes in length.
Closing date: Thursday 15-Sep-22 (mid-night)
2nd Filtration Announcement Webinar (Virtual Broadcasting from EUI): Selection of the best 12 ideas
In this stage, the Climathon judgment committee will select the best 3 ideas/teams for each Climathon Theme and announce the winning teams.
Date: Tuesday 20-Sep-22
Advanced Technical Enablement
4 Solution Architect workshops focusing on building short-listed 40 teams’ capabilities in Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Modern Applications Development (Serverless), and the Internet of Things.
Duration: (2 days)
Dates: From Wednesday 21-Sep-2022 to Thursday 22-Sep- 2022 (Full Day - 9AM to 5PM)
Prototypes in Creation (At EUI campus in New Administrative Capital)
The 12 selected teams will be invited to the EUI campus in the New Administrative Capital to build a prototype for the chosen ideas to compete for the final awards for each Climathon Theme. Teams’ academic mentors are welcomed to the EUI campus with the team members.
Duration: (3 days)
Dates: From Sunday 25-Sep-2022 to Tuesday 27-Sep- 2022
Judgment Sessions - Grading and Final Evaluation
In this stage, each team will have one hour to present the entire idea proposal and the prototype to the Climathon judgment committee.
Date: Wednesday 28-Sep-2022
Winners Announced in Closing Ceremony
In this stage, the Climathon judgment committee will announce the final winners. All participants, EUI, AWS, and All Sponsors, will celebrate with winning teams in a closing ceremony at the EUI campus in the New Administrative Capital.
Date: Thursday 29-Sep-2022
Best Startup Award:
Climathon grant 1 financial award for the best Egyptian Startup what works