Egypt University of Informatics (EUI), Faculty of Computing and Information Sciences, located at the New Administrative Capital is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy for the academic year 2022/2023.
The Faculty of Computing and Information Sciences at EUI seeks applicants for full-time Teaching Assistants/Assistant Lecturers in computer science. The faculty invites candidates to become engaged in an interactive and collaborative teaching environment. Candidates are expected to deliver tutorials, prepare and discuss various ideas, applications and problems, and explain the concepts discussed in lectures, through challenging and motivating students. They are expected to supervise and grade the various projects and assignments that students work on in labs and tutorials.
Applicants are expected to assist in various computer science courses both introductory and specialized level courses. Courses include but limited to: Data structures, algorithm design and analysis, computer architecture, machine learning, and others.
- Conducting tutorials and labs as required by instructor.
- Employing innovative approaches to teaching and support for students using a wide range of learning resources and various teaching practices.
- Interacting with the students during office hours both face-to-face and online using discussion groups and other tools on the LMS.
- The ability to teach practical and theoretical courses both in-class and online.
- Grading assignments, quizzes, lab exams, and midterm exams as required by instructor.
- Participating in academic and exam support duties including proctoring.
- Helping in developing and customizing software systems used in the University.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
- Submitting a yearly progress report with his/her achievements for evaluation.
- Enrollment in Doctoral Program for Lecturer Assistants is an asset.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or in Computer Engineering (Excellent with honors/ or very good).
- Assistant Lecturers should have graduated in 2016 or after and must have obtained their master’s degree in a related field.
- Excellent command of English language both spoken and written (A Local TOEFL Score of at least 580 or A Computerized Toefl Score of at least 230 is a plus).
- Practical and teaching experience (Industrial experience is an asset)
- Enthusiastic and interested in pursuing research and graduate studies.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent computer and programming skills.
- Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines.
- Teamwork spirit.
- Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
- Please send your application documents to: [email protected] , with reference# in the subject of your email as “EUI-CIS-ALs”