This position holder is responsible for creating and supporting a high-quality student life experience for all students at EUI and to manage student life activities with the aim to provide students with the best university experience, in close collaboration with Student Affairs. The role scope includes, but is not limited to, sports events, volunteering activities and counselling services. The Student Life functions as a student advocate by responding directly to student needs and issues affecting students’ well-being.
- Planning, directing and managing the development of extra-curricular programs that encourages student personal growth and development through variety of learning and development areas including student governance, student organizations, student initiatives and activities
- Managing the communication of student tools including, but not limited to, student handbooks.
- Setting policies and procedures for the student union and setting the rules and procedures for its elections.
- Creating the students’ conduct process and supervising the enforcement of the Student Code of Conduct.
- Managing student life’s budget in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Overseeing the function of students’ wellbeing in a variety of circumstances such as student complaints and concerns, residence life, and follow up with athletics and health services.
- Coordinating special events at the campus level including, but not limited to orientation day, graduation ceremonies, clubs’ events etc.
- Managing the implementation of students’ orientation programs within the campus with the aim to familiarize new students with the campus and enable students, faculty and staff to meet in close collaboration with Student Affairs.
- Staying abreast of campus services, programs, resources, and other opportunities to aid in the retention of all students.
- Liaising with clinic services, and other emergency and safety services.
- Managing the implementation of student counselling guidelines and development programs to help student in their overall experience.
- Setting the strategy and developing the calendar and budget of student life events and initiatives in collaboration with the Student Affairs and Marketing departments.
- Monitoring the effective and efficient transportation arrangement of commuting students and/or for field trips
In addition to the main duties indicated here, the post holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the university management from time to time. Such duties will be reasonable and be in line with the post holder’s skills, experience and grade.
Bachelor degree in Business administration, Psychology, Education, Counseling, Social work, or related field
Years of Experience:
7+ years of experience in Student Affairs, higher education student activities, higher education administration, or related field with demonstration of progressive leadership and responsibilities field with at least 2 years of experience in a supervisory role.
Other skills and qualifications:
- Ability to conduct long-range planning.
- Knowledge of principles of student development in higher education.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated skills in public speaking.
- Negotiate contracts with entertainers/vendors.
- Ability to work effectively in a shared governance environment.
- Ability to provide customer service with a customer service-oriented priority.
- Ability to effectively use a personal computer and a variety of job-related software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, with a diverse population both orally and in writing.
- Sensitivity to, understanding of, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, ethnic, religious, cultural background, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty, and staff.
- In addition to the main duties indicated here, the post holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the university management from time to time. Such duties will be reasonable and be in line with the post holder’s skills, experience and grade.
To apply kindly, send your CV to [email protected] , mention the job title in the subject line.
Deadline for receiving applications is 15/05/2022