Egypt University of Informatics (EUI), Faculty of Engineering, located at the New Administrative Capital (NAC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy starting in the academic year 2022/2023.
The Faculty of Engineering at EUI seeks applicants for the full-time position of Teaching Assistants/Assistant Lecturers. The faculty invites candidates to become engaged in an interactive and collaborative teaching environment. Candidates are expected to discuss various ideas, applications, and problems, and explain the concepts discussed in lectures, by challenging and motivating students. They are expected to supervise and grade the various projects and assignments that students work on in labs and tutorials.
- Conducting tutorials and labs as required by the instructors.
- Employ innovative approaches to teaching and support for students through the use of a wide range of learning resources and various teaching practices.
- Interacting with the students during office hours both face-to-face and online using discussion groups and other tools on the LMS.
- The ability to teach practical and theoretical courses both in-class and online.
- Grading assignments, quizzes, lab exams, and midterm exams as required by the instructor.s
- Participating in academic and exam support duties including proctoring.
- Helping in developing and customizing software systems used in the University.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
- Submitting a yearly progress report with his/her achievements for evaluation.
- Enrollment in a Master’s Program for Fresh Teaching Assistants and in a Doctoral Program for Lecturer Assistants is an asset.
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Mathematics, Communications, or Computer Engineering (Excellent with honors/ or very good).
- Teaching Assistants must be graduated in 2016 or after.
- Assistant Lecturers must be graduated after 2012 and must have obtained their master's degree in a related field.
- Excellent command of the English language both spoken and written is a must (A high TOEFL Score is a plus).
- Practical and teaching experience (Industrial experience is an asset)
- Enthusiastic and interested in pursuing research and graduate studies.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent computer and programming skills.
- Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines.
- Team work spirit.
- Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
Please send your application documents to: [email protected] , with reference# in the subject of your email as “EUI-ALs-ENG”