Teaching Assistant / Assistant Lecturers in the Faculty of Computing and Information Sciences- Egypt University of Informatics
Egypt University of Informatics (EUI), Faculty of Computing and Information Sciences, located in the New Administrative Capital, is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies for the upcoming academic year.
The Faculty of Computing and Information Sciences at EUI seeks applicants for full-time Teaching Assistants / Assistant Lecturers in computer science. The faculty invites candidates to engage in an interactive and collaborative teaching environment. Candidates are expected to deliver tutorials, prepare and discuss various ideas, applications, and problems, and explain the concepts discussed in lectures by challenging and motivating students. Their tasks include, but are not limited to, supervising and grading the multiple projects and assignments students work on in labs and tutorials.
Applicants are expected to assist in various computer science courses, both introductory and specialized level courses. Courses include data structures, algorithm design and analysis, computer architecture, machine learning, and others.
- Conduct tutorials and labs as required by the instructor.
- Employ innovative approaches to teaching and support for students using a wide range of learning resources and various teaching practices.
- Interact with the students during office hours, both face-to-face and online, using discussion groups and other tools on the LMS.
- Teach practical and theoretical courses both in-class and online.
- Grade assignments, quizzes, lab exams, and midterm exams as required by the instructor.
- Participate in academic and exam support duties, including proctoring.
- Help in developing and customizing software systems used in the University.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
- Submit a yearly progress report with his/her achievements for evaluation.
- Enrollment in Doctoral Program for Lecturer Assistants is an asset.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (Excellent with honors/ or very good) for assistant lectures
- Assistant Lecturers should have graduated in 2016 or after and must have obtained their master’s degree in a related field.
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written (A Local TOEFL Score of at least 580 or A Computerized Toefl Score of at least 230 is a plus).
- Practical and teaching experience (Industrial experience is an asset)
- Enthusiastic and interested in pursuing research and graduate studies.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent computer and programming skills.
- Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines.
- Teamwork spirit.
- The faculty will review all applications until the position gets filled.
- Please send your application documents to: [email protected] , with reference# in the subject of your email as “EUI-CIS-ALs”