Egypt University of Informatics (EUI), Faculty of Computing and Information Sciences, located at the New Administrative Capital is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy for the academic year 2022/2023.
The Faculty of Computing and Information Sciences at EUI seeks applicants for full-time and part time Assistant and Associate Professors in Computer Science and related domains. The faculty invites candidates to become engaged in an interactive and collaborative teaching environment. Candidates are expected to deliver lectures, mentor students, conduct high-quality research work and have the students engaged in the learning process through challenging and motivating students.
- Teaching Basic Computer Science courses (Introduction to Programming, Operating Systems, Algorithms Design and Analysis, Data Structures, etc.) as well as Advanced/Specialized courses.
- Employing innovative teaching approaches using various teaching practices that challenge the way students think, learn, and develop their understanding of academic disciplines.
- Interacting with the students during office hours both face-to-face and online using discussion groups and other tools on the LMS.
- Making the best use of tools and technologies to facilitate understanding of students.
- Developing core curriculum and delivering course material effectively.
- Performing any other administrative duties as assigned by the upper management.
- Publishing research, attending conferences, and delivering presentations to build a strong research network.
- To undertake research, either as an individual or with colleagues, of a level and quality that will result in regular publication in top ranked international journals.
- Writing proposals to secure research funding.
Candidates should hold a PhD or equivalent in Computer Science or a related domain for a reputable institution. Successful candidates should have an outstanding record of research and publication, have strong leadership capability or potential and proven skills in high quality teaching. Candidates are expected to have the ability to conduct in-dependent research and apply for external funding and research projects. Mastery of the English language is a must. Industrial experience is a plus.
- Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
- Please send your application documents to: [email protected], with reference# in the subject of your email as “EUI-CIS-DRs